- 4oz of sugar, plus 1 Tbsp extra.
- 8oz of Unsalted Irish butter.
- 20oz of flour, plus a little extra for the work surface
- Preheat the oven to 300 deg F or gas mark 2
- Grease 2 baking trays (or line with greaseproof paper) and set aside
- Cream together the butter & sugar, then slowly add the flour
- Continue to mix until the dough comes together to form a ball
- 5 Sprinkle some flour onto a work surface and roll the dough to ¼ inch thickness.
- 6. Using a 2 ¼ inch round, fluted cutter, cut out the dough and transfer to baking sheet.
- 7 Transfer to oven and bake for 30 minutes, until shortbread begins to turn golden.
- 8 Transfer to wire rack to cool.